Wednesday 30 May 2007

Update

I haven't posted in a while as apart from the odd difficult exercise, things are just "chugging" along. I am still amazed at his progress with organisation, memory and speech. I've heard nothing from the school regards his schoolwork, but hope this will come later in the program.

He seems to do well with the eye-tracking exercises and is doing well with the Toe-by-Toe reading scheme that Lesley recommended. We stopped for a while, but are now back on it, and I can see he is really trying hard and is definitely making progress in that area.

I met a friend last week that I hadn't seen in a while, and she couldn't get over the change in Harry. Her daughter had very similar difficulties, and still seems to struggle with the day-to-day stuff. I did tell her to look into Dore, and I got the impression she will definitely think about it - but she commented her daughter is making progress, albeit slowly. She is still pulled out for spellings and maths apparently.

We have our assessment next week so will post his scores here when I have them.

No comments: