Saturday 8 December 2007

Alphasmart/Handwriting

This week I have made contact with the Senco again. They have confirmed that Harry will get a scribe for his SATS next May. He won't get extra time as there is criteria to fulfill, and they feel the best option is to apply for the scribe (he had one last year). The school have also purchased some Alphasmart boards and Harry qualifies for one. It will help to get copy typing practice, so I have downloaded a programme from the web kindly provided by Lelly88 and the school have confirmed they will also put this in place during word processing time for Harry in-school.

Additionally, I have asked the school about handwriting practice - as I don't want him to rely on the Alphasmart, and this has prompted the school to start a programme that I can support at home. I have a meeting next week to start this off.

No comments: