Thursday 8 March 2007

Our story so far



Hi - this is my first ever blog - I just wanted to tell you about my son's experience with Dore.

We have only been doing the programme since January 2007. The results from our initial assessment are on the left. The exercises are fun to do and change regularly, so it doesn't become boring. Fitting them in twice a day has become part of our daily routine, although some of them can be quite difficult. We haven't missed a session yet and have our first assessment next Monday.

Had a Parents Evening on Feb 20th (about 4 weeks into the programme), and his teacher tells me Harry did well in his NR/NVR test (average), but unfortunately, in class, he appears to be "away with the fairies" - more so than usual. I explained that this is a period children go through when they first start with Dore, and hopefully we will notice subtle changes soon.

After about 6 weeks, I now notice some language improvement and he seems happier to hold a conversation now, using "bigger words" that were unheard of previously. I think the fog is starting to clear and he tells me he feels different ... not quite sure what that means !!!!

Difficult Exercise: One of the exercises involves balancing on one leg - you're supposed to stand on the spot, unfortunately this isn't happening - and he hops about all over the room. Rather funny.

I will post again after our check-up on Monday.

No comments: